Make sure the atmospheric horror game has enough quality for a release in the short term
Daymare 1994: Sandcastle gets a smooth release on Steam
commercial and critical reception
Unreal Engine games
vision grounded in 15+
years of experience
with unreal engine
Daymare 1994: Sandcastle
releases on time and
with the high-quality technical state
Full cycle of
PC game testing
to fit Steam requirements
Exploring the game mechanics
to feel native and intuitive
on any PC configuration.
here are some solutions we’re
especially proud of
A team of UE-experienced QA engineers did their best to make sure the game ran smoothly. Here are some challenges they faced:
Complete all the QA-related works in a short turnaround.
- Assign a team with decent experience in Unreal Engine and horror games;
- Perform onboarding and documentation discovery;
- Divide the game into sections and assign a QA engineer to each section;
- Assign a specific PC configuration for every QA engineer to cover all the possible resolutions and configurations.
Find ways to improve the user’s experience with the final product.
- Assign the QA lead to create a detailed report on the testing results featuring all the required fixes, tasks prioritizing, risks, and critical issues;
- Every QA engineer on the project shares their own feedback on the UX, including recommendations for improvement on certain game elements.