create a mobile version of the critically acclaimed episodic graphic adventure game
life is strange is brought to ios and android with the same immersive experience as the ps3/xbox 360 original
commercial and critical reception
- 4.3/5 rating on Google Play from
- Editor’s Choice Award on Google Play.
If you didn’t have the chance to discover life is strange on home-console, now you have the right chance to do it, with a very good porting, with new social elements perfect for the perfect platform.
agile in porting pc
and console games
from ue3 to ue4
15+ years of
Life is Strange for mobile
was delivered to Square Enix
on time with no changes to
the initial budget
story seamlessly brought
to mobile devices
designed from scratch
on mobile devices
here are some solutions we’re
especially proud of
More than 30 developers from Pingle Studio ported Life is Strange to Android devices in six months and 18 months for iOS. Our talented team overcame a number of challenges to deliver the mobile version on time and according to budget. challenge Transfer all assets and code from UE3 to UE4. solution
Transfer all assets and code from UE3 to UE4.
- 01.Create and apply a toolset to transfer maps, textures, game logic, interactive objects, materials, parameters, sounds, and localization.
- 02.Manually rewrite mechanics and logic.
- 03.Delete unused PC/Console code.
- 04.Add code for mobile support.
- 05.Add 3rd-party sound library and apply it to mobile.
- 06.Optimize all in-game content.
Deliver PS3/Xbox 360 graphics quality for mobile devices. Include the custom shaders and lighting developed
- 01.Define the list of supported devices and usage of Metal RHI (iOS) and ES 3.1 (Android).
- 02.Add new shading models (Blinn, Microfacet, SSS) to UE4’s render system and adapt them to mobile devices.
Include specific VFX from Life is Strange despite the default version of UE4 not supporting them on mobile.
Modify UE4’s source code to achieve the desired VFX.
Develop the new “Photo Mode” feature for Life is Strange on mobile.
Code a custom UE4 feature for taking photos in the game, enabling users to share pictures on Facebook and Twitter while also saving them natively to their mobile device.
Support high-resolution textures with the non-standard sizes found in Life is Strange despite iOS and Android not natively support them.
Apply ASTC compression of Metal RHI for iOS and ETC2 compression of OpenGL ES3 for Android to compress the textures with the same quality and aspect ratio.