Port multiple updates for an open-world life sim game to PlayStation, Xbox, and Switch
The updates passed all the certifications
for all 3 consoles in 1 try
commercial and critical reception
- an average score of 80 at Metacritic
The Sixths Axis on Steam
It’s more than a worthy alternative to Stardew Valley and one of the first must-have games of 2019
adaptive in porting
original games to
all the consoles
optimization of any
game’s code and
proven experience with unity
Pathea Games got
My Time at Portia certified
for PS4, Xbox One, and
Nintendo Switch in 1 try.
here are some solutions we’re
especially proud of
12 professionals from our team faced some very unusual challenges while
bringing My Time At Portia to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.
Here are some of the funniest and interesting moments from the development process:
No access to the original project’s technical and design documentation.
01. Search the fandom resources for quests descriptions, navigation, lore, etc.
02. Implement the community's content and solutions in the console build.
Big respect to My TIme at Portia fandom community for documenting the game!
Lack of time to go through the game for testers (180+ hours of gameplay).
Move the visual and all the related mechanics of the player’s interaction with trees and terrains to consoles.
01. Manually test every interaction with trees and terrains.
02. Fix the issues in a shipshape manner, in order to not affect the complex organizing of the game’s functionality.