Empower the game with RTX and next-gen consoles functionality and release it on PS5 and Xbox Series consoles
The Eternal Cylinder is successfully launched on PS5 and Xbox Series consoles.
commercial and critical reception
- 82/100 Metascore for Xbox One version
agile to deliver a
with a short turnaround
Vision grounded in 15+
years of experience
with unreal engine
The Good Shepherd Entertainment launched
The Eternal Cylinder on
next-gen consoles with all
the required features.
to console requirements
next-gen consoles gamepads
to feel native and intuitive
on any gamepad.
here are some solutions we’re
especially proud of
A team of 14 technical specialists helped to empower The Eternal Cylinder players with a truly next-gen gaming experience. Here are some exciting solutions we applied:
Implement the RTX technology support for the game
- Update the engine version from UE 4.24 to UE 4.27
- Recreate the SkookumScript plugin functionality, which is not supported on UE 4.27
- Manually transfer multiple game functions into the updated version of the game
Fix all the conditional blockers that stopped us from passing the TRC certification.
- Localize the conditions that cause the crashes
- Optimize the required mechanics using a better system of next-gen consoles
- Update SDK
- Transfer changes to an updated engine version of the game
Implement PS5 Activities, Adaptive Triggers, Haptic Feedback
- Develop particular kinds of Haptic Feedback vibrations for multiple game situations, like going through the mud or walking near giant creatures
- Develop game cases and implement Adaptive Triggers in specific scenarios like drinking water and shooting water streams.
- Develop game scenarios for achieving Main and Side PS5 Activities