Optimize UI, key mechanics, game balance, and quest logic in a highly variative pixel-art RPG
Undungeon is polished and released on an announced date on PC and Xbox
Alex Nichiporchik - CEO at tinyBuild
We often require help with projects “on fire”.
Pingle has always been flexible enough to accommodate our needs. They’ve not been scared by challenging projects.
We were able to ship multiple projects on tight deadlines with the challenging tech behind them. Pingle were able to deliver on time.
adaptive in delivering
agile in delivery
of a launch-ready game
with a short turnaround
vision grounded in
5+ years of
tinyBuild smoothly launched
Undungeon on Steam
and Microsoft Store
here are some solutions we’re
especially proud of
Pingle Studio involved 2 game designers, 3 programmers, 5 QA specialists, and a project manager to bring Undungeon to Steam and Microsoft Store within 6 months. Here are some challenges we were honored to complete:
No tools for game logic and balance configuration export in the original game
01. Create a toolset for exporting game balance
02. Actualize the game data in the sheets
03. Create the sheets with automated balance calculating
04. Specify all the necessary connections and formulas for balance calculation
05. Playtesting and documenting the implemented functionality for further use by other developers
The necessity to establish a unified approach for documenting the game.
01. Establish communication with Laughing Machine — the original developer of the game
02. Synchronize the tasks flow and process of creating the new documentation
Different kinds of gameplay implementation for two game worlds (custom node tools for the 1st world made by Laughing Machine vs Lua scripting for the 2nd world by Pingle Studio)
01. Analyze all the objects with particular descriptions (friend, enemy, interior element, healing potion, etc)
02. Define and list these descriptions
03. Create code solution to unify different types of implementation
Lack of classes in auto-target feature: enemies, destructive items, environment elements, allies, and other elements are treated the same
Create objects analyzer that recognizes objects as targets and prioritizes them by importance for attack