Pingle Studio is your gateway to seamless and successful game porting services. With our expertise, we transform this complex process into a streamlined and efficient journey, ensuring your game reaches a wider audience and maximizes its potential. Whether you’re looking to bring your PC masterpiece to console players or tap into the vast mobile gaming market, we have the experience and technical know-how to make it happen.
At Pingle Studio, we go beyond the technical aspects of game porting solutions. We understand that every platform has its own set of challenges and opportunities, and we work closely with you to ensure that your game not only runs flawlessly but also resonates with the audience on each platform.
We will do everything necessary for your game to thrive in the competitive gaming industry, reaching new heights of success. Explore the possibilities, expand your player base, and make your game accessible to a broader audience.
We port games to all leading platforms
We at Pingle Studio have a proven track record of successfully porting games to Nintendo Switch. No matter the complexity and size of your game, we have all the skills and hardware to make it look and feel great on Nintendo Switch.
Pingle Studio team are game porting experts in any PlayStation porting-related challenges, from certificating and optimizing to developing platform-specific features like Haptic Feedback and Adaptive Triggers support.
Xbox One/Xbox Series X
Our technical and artistic professionals have all the required skills, hardware, and a track record of successful Xbox game porting cases for both Xbox One and Xbox Series X.
Throughout our 16 years of game development, we at Pingle Studio have always been happy to work with PC games. Our technical and art professionals will happily do all the required heavy lifting for successful PC porting.
Pingle Studio's technical team will gladly bring your game to any required iOs or Android mobile device. Our experience bringing AAA games to mobile platforms helped us develop a remarkable portfolio of mobile game porting projects.
As an experienced team of tech and art professionals, we know what it takes to bring your game to Apple Arcade. Just give us a game and a list of required devices, and we'll do all the heavy lifting of Apple Arcade porting.
Our passion for games, endless imagination, and years of technical experience will help you bring even the most ambitious game ideas into Virtual reality. We work with all the modern hardware, including PS VR, so don't hesitate to trust us with your VR porting challenges.
We use cutting-edge technologies to deliver the best user experience
C# and C++
Why choose Pingle Studio when considering game porting services?
The Pingle Studio team, founded in 2007, has extensive experience and expertise in porting games from one platform to another and has completed numerous projects of different complexity.
We provide high-quality video game porting services and game optimization while meeting all modern console game porting requirements.
We consider deadlines our friends and use SCRUM and Agile project management systems while working on our customers’ porting game projects.
When contacting Pingle Studio for porting assistance, rest assured that you will get guaranteed results and technical support for as long as your project requires.
The game porting process
1. Adapting the Source Code
The first significant thing that needs to be considered during the process of transition from one platform to the other is the game’s source code. The complexity of this process heavily depends on the architecture of the game engine used during the development stage. However, in the case of many multi-platform engines, this phase of the game porting process can be done smoothly by tweaking the code.
2. Adapting the Visual Assets
The next step’s primary focus is adapting the graphics to the platform hardware. This ensures that the game meets the requirements for performance and provides the player with the best experience. This stage is crucial because the game’s visuals are one of the first things players notice. While a project can become successful thanks to the engaging story or unique gameplay, the visual element remains the highest priority.
3. Optimizing the CPU and GPU Performance
Our team considers every detail to optimize the CPU and GPU performance properly while running the game on the target platform. The goal here is to fine-tune the game so that the use of resources is optimal. The game has to run smoothly and the quality of the visuals needs to be high enough so that all hardware resources are engaged. The players’ game experience is also a priority. Our game porting specialists prioritize performance optimization to ensure the best gameplay even in instances when game porting is being handled on less powerful devices.
4. Adapting the Gameplay Elements
If the game was developed with a specific platform in mind, some gameplay elements might reflect that. For example, tasks that require precise camera control in a short period are more suitable for PC games, as using a mouse makes them easier for the player to handle. These gameplay elements need to be adapted for a better player experience.
5. Creating the Appropriate UI and Control Scheme
This stage of game porting process steps can be seen as the game polish. However, it is essential to provide all the players with an equally comfortable and satisfying experience. This step is especially challenging when it comes to porting a game to and from a mobile platform.
6. Game Testing
Testing is an essential component of the video game porting process. However, game testing also has certain specifics for different gaming platforms. For this reason, our team makes sure that the testing is always conducted by someone familiar with the target platform and the testing tools that are perfect for it.
7. Applying Platform-Specific Requirements
The last step is the application of the platform-specific requirements. The usual requirements may include the rating from an official rating board, proper localization for the territories where the game will be sold, proof of proper licensing for the assets, among other requirements. This step always requires expertise in various game porting techniques.
See what our partners say
see our partners’ success
How much does porting a game cost?
- The architecture of the platform: the choice of the platform you want to port your game to and the original game platform directly impacts the porting game budget. For example, PC and Xbox are similar when it comes to platforms, so porting from one platform to the other will be faster and thus less costly. Porting a game from PC or Xbox to PlayStation will probably cost a little more.
- Engine: one of the most vital aspects of the game porting budget is closely tied to the type of game engine used in the original development. If you’ve used an existing engine, like Unity, the porting might be easier, as Unity supports many different platforms. However, if an engine that was not designed for other platforms was used, the process would take more time.
- Libraries used: the selection of other tools used during the initial development also affects the porting budget. If specific libraries used are available just for one platform, it will make the process more complex. Therefore, porting might take more time.
- The game's complexity: it’s common knowledge that developing a game requires resources and time, but so does porting. Big open-world games are the hardest and the most expensive ones to port. Even linear games sometimes can also be challenging to adapt; it all depends on the game's initial state.
- Controls optimization: the result of successful game porting is a game that conveys the same feelings and experience as the original. However, video game porting also includes adopting platform-specific elements, for example, controls. They significantly impact the gameplay and can make or break its success.